We are using a new Envisions Math Program this year. Every unit that we begin, we will post what topic and lessons students will be learning so that students can preview, outside of school, what we will be and are working on. Throughout each unit, we will be learning about problem solving strategies so that the students can relate what they are learning to real-life situations.There will be a Math Assessment at the end of each topic.
Also please continue to encourage your child to memorize the multiplication facts from 2 through 10. You can purchase flash cards to help them master multiplication. There are also a number of web sites that reinforce their learning in a fun and interactive way.
Envisions has a website where the students can go to review lessons and practice their skills. Each child has received a user name and password so they can visit this site. If you don't have your child's user name and password, please let us know and we will send it home again.
1. Understand Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers
2. Multiplication Facts for 0-10
3. Use Multiplication to Divide: Division Facts
4. Fluently Multiply and Divide Within 100
5. Connect Area to Multiplication and Division
6. Represent and Interpret Data
7. Use Strategies and Properties to Add and Subtract
8. Fluently Add and Subtract Within 1,000
9. Multiply by Multiples of 10
10. Use Operations with Whole Numbers to Solve Problems
11. Understand Fractions as Numbers
12. Fraction Equivalence and Comparison
13. Solve Time, Capacity, and Mass Problems
14. Attributes of Two-Dimensional Shapes
15. Solve Perimeter Problems
Your child and you can visit the Pearson Envisions website at www.pearsonrealize.com